Spring naar bijdragen
Vervelende mededeling: SVF forum site gaat stoppen. ×

zoek nabestaanden F/O Harold Thomas Maskell uit Ipswich, Suffolk

Zantvoort

• Forumleden Groep
For a proposed RAF memorial unveiled 29th September 2018 by the still living Pilot Ernest Holmes I would like to get in touch with the relatives of F/O Harold Thomas Maskell. His age was 35 when his aircraft a 35 sqdn Lancaster was shotdown over Vessem(The Netherlands) 22 May 1944. Harold was the Son of Alfred and Lottie Louise Maskell; and husband of Margery Kate Maskell of Ipswich,Suffolk. Harold is buried Eindhoven Woensel Cemetery. Can some one put me in the right direction?? 

Thank you very much for looking,
Adrian van Zantvoort

bewerkt door Zantvoort
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• Forumleden Groep

You’ve started this post in English, so I’ll just continue …

Harold’s parents:

Alfred Maskell b abt 1876 Shaflesbur, Dorsetshire, Occ: Tailor (1911)

X ( reg Q#3 1908 Lewisham London) to Lottie Louisa Farrance b abt 1878 Sydenham Kent

==> It seems that Harold was an only child, so no info will be available from possible nephews/nieces

Harold’s marriage:
Harold Thomas Maskell b 6 Nov 1909 Beckenham Kent (reg Q#4 1909 Bromley Kent), occ: Petrol Pump Installer & Maintenance (1939)
X (reg Q#3 Croydon Surrey) to Margery Kate Best b 26 June 1913

Harold and Marjory have at least 2 daughters and probably 1 boy (who might still be alive … i.e. Privacy rules apply)

In 1948 Margery remarries to Arthur Frederick Oliver Hammond, a bricklayer b abt 1919.

After this I can see some possible marriages for the (probable) son, but the rest of the family seems to disappear, so I tried immigration and it turns out they’ve come to my nick of the woods.
In 1951 Arthur Hammond, Margery and the 2 girls arrive in Melbourne on the “ASTURIAS” as follows:
(Step) parents:

Log alstublieft in om de link te kunnen zien.

Children:

Margery dies in 1985 and is cremated in Springvale botanical cemetery:
VIC BDM:
Event Death
Event registration number 11461
Registration year 1985
Family name HAMMOND
Given names Margery Kate
Sex Female
Father's name BEST Alfred
Mother's name Fannie (Unknown)
Place of birth Penge London England
Place of death Ferntree Gully Upper
Age 71

Stepfather Arthur Hammond dies on 9 Jun 2011. His 2 stepdaughters seem to be alive, but unfortunately their married surnames aren’t mentioned:

His probate might contain more information. It is available in the Public Records Office:

Sylvia

bewerkt door Ozlady
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• Forumleden Groep
1 uur geleden zei Ozlady:

You’ve started this post in English, so I’ll just continue …

Harold’s parents:

Alfred Maskell b abt 1876 Shaflesbur, Dorsetshire, Occ: Tailor (1911)

X ( reg Q#3 1908 Lewisham London) to Lottie Louisa Farrance b abt 1878 Sydenham Kent

==> It seems that Harold was an only child, so no info will be available from possible nephews/nieces

Harold’s marriage:
Harold Thomas Maskell b 6 Nov 1909 Beckenham Kent (reg Q#4 1909 Bromley Kent), occ: Petrol Pump Installer & Maintenance (1939)
X (reg Q#3 Croydon Surrey) to Margery Kate Best b 26 June 1913

Harold and Marjory have at least 2 daughters and probably 1 boy (who might still be alive … i.e. Privacy rules apply)

In 1948 Margery remarries to Arthur Frederick Oliver Hammond, a bricklayer b abt 1919.

After this I can see some possible marriages for the (probable) son, but the rest of the family seems to disappear, so I tried immigration and it turns out they’ve come to my nick of the woods.
In 1951 Arthur Hammond, Margery and the 2 girls arrive in Melbourne on the “ASTURIAS” as follows:
(Step) parents:

Children:

Margery dies in 1985 and is cremated in Springvale botanical cemetery:
VIC BDM:
Event Death
Event registration number 11461
Registration year 1985
Family name HAMMOND
Given names Margery Kate
Sex Female
Father's name BEST Alfred
Mother's name Fannie (Unknown)
Place of birth Penge London England
Place of death Ferntree Gully Upper
Age 71

Stepfather Arthur Hammond dies on 9 Jun 2011. His 2 stepdaughters seem to be alive, but unfortunately their married surnames aren’t mentioned:

His probate might contain more information. It is available in the Public Records Office:

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

Good heavens what a wealth of information. I don't know where to start but will check everything next weekend.

A BIG THANK you for supplying me this information anyway. I will keep you informed and if you find something relevant

please let me know or via this excelent site or PM.

Adrian

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• Forumleden Groep

One more update:

I might have found the 2017 death of the younger daughter in Northern Victoria. This lady was quite active in the (smallish) community and there were 4 children mentioned in the obit, so maybe one of them could be tracked down. I can't be 100% sure that she's the right one, but I'd be amazed if she wasn't.

Have a quiet look at the other stuff for now ....

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• Forumleden Groep
2 minuten geleden zei Ozlady:

One more update:

I might have found the 2017 death of the younger daughter in Northern Victoria. This lady was quite active in the (smallish) community and there were 4 children mentioned in the obit, so maybe one of them could be tracked down. I can't be 100% sure that she's the right one, but I'd be amazed if she wasn't.

Have a quiet look at the other stuff for now ....

Hi Silvia,

That's marvellous, keep me informed. It will be very special if these relatives could be tracked down for the proposed memorial 29th Sept 2018 at Vessem. I will be keep you(and other members of this excellent site) updated. 

Cheerrs,

Adrian

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• Forumleden Groep

I am never impressed when it turns out that I've done duplicate research and supplied information that was already known:

I'm out ....

bewerkt door Ozlady
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Meld je aan om ecommentaar te plaatsen

Je kunt commentaar achterlaten als je bent aangemeld

Nu aanmelden
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...